White Gløgg Recipe by Reform
A variation on seasonal gløgg—a traditional Nordic drink during winter. This is a non-alcoholic recipe that can also be served for the young ones, but you can, of course, upgrade it with a splash of light rum.
750 ml æblemost (apple cider)
3 tbsp elderflower cordial
6 cardamom pods
2 cinnamon sticks
2 bay leaves
3 cm piece of ginger, peeled and cut into thin slices
1 slice lemon
2 slices of orange
1. Choose a medium-size pot and pour in the apple cider.
2. Add elderflower cordial, spices, ginger, and citrus. Turn the heat to medium and bring to a gentle simmer, but don’t let it boil.
3. Keep it over low heat for about 30 min.
4. If you wish to make it boozy, in the end, add a splash of white rum.
5. Serve hot in a glass, each with a thin slice of apple cut horizontally.